A feature, treasuries, updates, and more!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Woo-hoo, I finished another semester of grad school and am that much closer to being done! This was probably my hardest to date (I still don't think I understand stats, lol) but I did finish the last of my required core classes (said stats class) - those seem to be the hardest for some reason. Now I'm hoping to do an internship to finish off the rest of my hours I have to do, then on to my thesis! Which in itself is still evolving - who knows what I'll finally end up doing!

Now that the semester is over, I have many plans for my business and online presense. As you've probably seen I haven't been able to plan the weekly 'stone of the week' articles for awhile due to being swamped (they do take a bit of planning and research to do!), and I'm pleased to say that a brand NEW article will be up this weekend! Want to know what it is? You'll have to come back to find out! :D I'm also planning to do some more 'Adventures in Geology' articles, as well as a couple other additions, so stay tuned!


The Mad Scientists of Etsy team finished up their first team challenge not too long ago, the theme of which was 'Science as Art'. We had many great entries! For this challenge I made a beaded ACEO of the solar system (yes, without Pluto), as astronomy was my first love of science. I really love the bead I used for the Sun - the colors and pattern are marvelous (I even ended up using one for a cell phone charm for my phone!) The listing for it can be found here.

ACEO of our solar sytem with the Sun (vibrant lampwork bead), Mercury (silver crystal), Venus (tan glass), Earth and Moon (african 'turquoise' and seed bead), Mars (garnet), Jupiter (red adventurine), Saturn (lepoardskin jasper and glass beads for the rings!), Uranus (dyed jasper), and Neptune (frosted blue glass). These are fastened onto soft foam with pretty 'stars' and backed with felt. Measures 2.5" x 3.5" Great for framing! (ACEO = Art Card Editions and Originals - they're like collectible works of art on a small scale!)


Yart was a great success! I got to spend the day hanging out with fellow artists and sharing my art with many customers! It was great getting to hang out with my friends who I haven't seen in awhile since I moved to KY for grad school. I also did a drawing for a gift certificate for one lucky person - as you can see I even got my rabbit JD involved and let him pick the winner!



Holly from Etsy was so kind to feature me on her blog this week! She did a great job, and has a very fun blog. Check out her blog http://winklepots.blogspot.com/ and her store for some wonderful items for the little ones http://winklepots.etsy.com/


Last week I was also featured on Etsy treasuries by loosewirestudio and evanrhett - both were beautifully done, and one of the items recently sold!


That's it for now! Be sure to check back for new articles!

0 comments: